Good evening, all~! I hope you been doing well! Summer is in full swing here in Australia and since I’ve been going make-up free I’ve been able to test out some sunscreens to see which ones work best for me. So here are my top 3 sunscreens that I think work wonderfully on my skin!
- Natio Daily Defence Moisturiser SPF 50: This was one of the first sunscreens I discovered that wears really well underneath make-up. It’s a light-weight lotion that I think works best for combo/normal skin types. I personally have oily skin but with a good primer and setting powder, I have no issues with oiliness. This doesn’t have titanium oxide and/or zinc oxide which means it’s not going to leave a white cast over your skin when your photo is being taken. It also doesn’t leave that sticky feeling like typical sunscreens do. It also doesn’t have a fragrance so if you’re sensitive to that then you don’t have to worry about it! Generally it’s a very light weight lotion that’s gentle on the skin, wears well under make-up, doesn’t break me out or irritate my skin. Highly recommend!
- Missha Soft Finish Sun Milk SPF 50+ PA+++: Definitely one of my favourite finds the past year! This sunscreen is very thin in texture, you have to shake the bottle before dispensing and when you do be careful because it s quite runny and watery. But because of it’s unique texture, it makes it very easy to apply all over your face. It also has a really nice matte finish so it’s perfect if you have oily skin like me! This is a chemical sunscreen so like the Natio one, it doesn’t have a white cast. But it’s the matte finish that really wins me over, it provides a very nice and smooth base to apply your make-up. It’s been my go-to over the summer so definitely look into this if you’re after a matte sunscreen.
- Nivea Moisturising Sunscreen Lotion SPF 50+: So this is more of your typical, physical sunscreen that does leave a white cast, feels slightly sticky and has that sunscreen smell we all know a love (?). But lately my skin has been breaking out a bit and it’s caused some dryness in some areas. So I’ve been opting for this Nivea one and it’s been working really really well to keep my skin dewy and hydrated. So this one I think is definitely great for those with dry skin. I’ve been using it for work and when I’m going out to do some exercise and whatnot and I really feel like it’s really protecting my skin thanks to its thick and moisturising texture.
- Etude House Lock N’ Summer Cushion SPF 50+ PA+++: So this isn’t exactly a sunscreen in itself but it doesn’t hurt to use a BB cream/Foundation that has some SPF in it. Lately I’ve been using an old favourite from Etude House. This cushion has an SPF of 5o so if I happen to forget using my sunscreen or I don’t want to reapply sunscreen over my make-up then re-applying with a light-weight cushion is sure to keep your skin looking flawless while still protecting it from the harsh sun.
- Sunsense Lip Balm SPF 50+: It’s good to use sunscreen on your face and body but I think everyone (myself included) neglects looking after their lips. I found this Sunsense Lip Balm one time at Chemist Warehouse and it’s an SPF 50 lip balm that protects my lips from sun damage while keep my lips smooth and hydrated. It has very emollient characteristics so it does leave a bit of a glossy finish on the lips but after a few minutes the glossiness fades which I don’t mind. Because it’s so moisturising it’s not the best to wear under lipstick so I would recommend patting it down with your fingers to get rid of excess product before you go in with the favourite lip colour.
And those are all of my SPF favourites so far~! As you can see everything I’ve mentioned has an SPF of 50 so I do think it is best to use as high of an SPF as much as you can to ensure your skin is protected! I hope you guys found this helpful and if you have any other sunscreens that you think I should check out then please let me know! I’m always on the hunt to find better sunscreen formulas that are best for my skin. Anyway I hope you guys found this week’s post helpful, I’ll see you all next week~! xx